San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 2004
Supervisor Pam Slater-Price, Chair of the Board of Directors of the San Dieguito River Park Joint Powers Authority in 2004, reports the following accomplishments during her term as Chair:
Procured over $4,000,000 in grant funds for property acquisition and projects.
Conserved 879 acres of habitat and corridor connection properties through acquisition.
Bernardo Mtn ( Caltrans transfer) 93 acres
Boudreau 75 acres
Crowder 75 acres
Habib 387 acres
Newton 249 acres
( Habib and Newton will close escrow in December)
- Increased revenue to the River Park this year by $44,846 through stewardship program for habitat properties funded through endowment and lease revenue. (Bernardo Mtn. and Boudreau)
- Completed restoration of the Sikes Adobe Farmhouse and opened to the public.
- Completed construction of the Strawberry Stand Wetlands Learning Center and opened to the public.
- Published the River Park Revenues/Expenditures/Accomplishments report for 1989-2004
- Converted from mail-based agenda, activity schedule, and newsletter distribution to web-based distribution for a savings of approximately $17,000 each year