Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and seeking to gain work experience in a field aligned with the River Park’s needs and opportunities. Upon completion of project or agreed-upon hours, and as recognition for exemplary performance, applicant may be eligible to receive a stipend, if available and upon discretion of the Director.
Visit Student Research Projects for more information on conducting field work with the River Park.
Applicant has particiapted in a certificate or degree program at an accredited college or university in a field aligned with the River Park’s needs and opportunities and is seeking work experience. Completion of program is preferred. Upon completion of project or agreed-upon hours, and as recognition for exemplary performance, applicant may be eligible to receive a stipend, if available and upon discretion of the Director.
How to Apply
Before you apply, we recommend that you contact us to discuss your proposal. Contact Leana Bulay at email@example.com or (858) 674-2275 x14.
Complete the Internship Application and submit a resume and cover letter outlining the following:
- Why the applicant chose the San Dieguito River Park to pursue an internship
- What experience the applicant would like to gain at the River Park
- Relevant education and work experience (both paid and unpaid)
- Applicant’s career direction and goals
Also attach any specific documentation or responsibilities (such as progress reports) that are required by the applicant’s academic advisor or school that the River Park must fulfill as part of your internship.
Please submit completed applications to
San Dieguito River Park
1832 Sycamore Creek Road
Escondido, CA 92025.
After completing an interview with the appropriate River Park staff, and prior to acceptance as an intern, all intern candidates must do the following:
- Create a project proposal outlining work objectives after meeting with project supervisor(s) to discuss and define internship projects
- Set and communicate a regular work schedule with project supervisor(s)
- Submit a timeline outlining project start and end dates, as well as any significant project milestones or deadlines
For more information about starting an internship at SDRP, contact Leana Bulay at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 674-2275 x14.