San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 2005
$65,000 endowment grant from County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price which leveraged
an additional $20,000 of private contributions for the
· Awarded a $10,000 grant from County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price for Sikes Adobe improvements.
and labor contributions from the
· Received a $2,000 gift from the Lake Hodges Native Plant Club to create a native plant garden near the Sikes Adobe.
· Received 2005 Award from the California Preservation Foundation for the Sikes Adobe Farmhouse Restoration in recognition of Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Historic Preservation.
San Dieguito Lagoon Wetland Restoration Project
· Three Interpretive signs were designed and installed at the Grand Avenue Bridge by the Friends of the San Dieguito Lagoon and the Del Mar Lagoon Committee with help from the City of Del Mar.
· Received a $177,000 State Coastal Conservancy grant for design and construction of the coastal trail segment of the Coast to Crest Trail.
Awarded a $1,000
grant from the American Institute of Architects to develop an interpretive sign
to show the reuse of an original farm produce stand to the
Efficiency Integration and Design Merit awards from the San Diego Chapter of
the American Institute of Architects for the
· An agreement was entered into with Southern California Edison to define how the endowment amount for the Wetland Restoration Project would be determined in the future.
· An agreement was entered into with Southern California Edison and the 22nd Agricultural District for construction/maintenance of least tern nesting sites, Coast to Crest Trail easements, and river mouth access.
· The California Coastal Commission gave final approval for the San Dieguito Lagoon Wetland Restoration Project.
· Received the 2005 Association of Environmental Professionals “Outstanding Environmental Solution” award for the San Dieguito Lagoon Wetland Restoration Project.
· Acquired the 90-acre Reutter parcel located west of Farmer’s Road with State grant funding.
353-acre Lake Sutherland East parcel which connects city property at
JPA Board and San
Diego Planning Commission approved design and mitigated negative declaration
for the Lake Hodges Bicycle and
connection between the San Dieguito River Park Coast to Crest Trail and another
regional trail system was initiated in cooperation with the City of