San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 2006
· Received a finalist nomination for a Regional Golden Watchdog Award from the San Diego County Taxpayers Association for leveraging $5 million of local taxpayer funds to obtain over $50 million in federal and state grants.
a Certificate of Outstanding Merit for producing the video, Voices of San Pasqual, by the
· Two Emmys were awarded for a video produced by CTN documenting the restoration of the Sikes Adobe. Emmys were awarded for Best Historical/Cultural Program and Writing.
· $10,000 granted by Supervisor Pam Slater-Price for interpretive signage along the Del Dios Gorge Trail.
$1,000 donated by
· $1,000 Kodak Greenways Grant awarded in association with the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy for archeological interpretive signs.
· $20,000 pick-up truck donated by Karen and Wolf Berger for ranger operations..
San Dieguito Lagoon Wetland Restoration Project
$3,000 grant awarded
by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Community Partnering
Program to educate students about the importance of watersheds and the benefits
of wetlands. Used in association with
$500 of support from the Del Mar Foundation to stage an event at the
· Hired EDAW inc. to monitor construction of the Wetland Restoration Project
· All permits acquired and Construction begun in October.
· $50,000 awarded by SANDAG (Transnet) for habitat land management
· $20,700 awarded by Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project through the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy to restore 2 acres of disturbed wetland and upland.
· $550,017 granted by the State water Resources Control board to create freshwater runoff ponds at the San Dieguito Lagoon.
San Dieguito River Park Concept
Plan accepted by the City of
· $2 million awarded by SANDAG to fund the Lake Hodges Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge, bringing total funding for the project to $7 million.
segment of Coast to Crest Trail from
Completed GAP Analysis with Trails Committee. ·
Staging Area established at east end of Crosby Estate for Santa Fe Valley Trail and Del Dios Gorge Trail
· Completed GAP Analysis with Trails Committee.
· Staging Area established at east end of Crosby Estate for Santa Fe Valley Trail and Del Dios Gorge Trail