· The California Parks & Wildlife Bond Act (Prop 70) was passed in 1988 and included $10 million for property acquisition in the San Dieguito River Valley
San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 1989
of Powers Agreement signed by the
· Executive Director hired.
· $20,000 consultant contract awarded for development of River Park Concept Plan.
San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 1990
· A member agency funding formula based on a combination of population and acreage in the Focused Planning Area was established.
· A Draft River Park Concept Plan was adopted for environmental review.
San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 1991
· Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed between JPA and Southern California Edison for cooperative restoration of San Dieguito Lagoon wetlands.
· 88-acre Horseworld property purchased by SCE for $5,718,000 for restoration of San Dieguito Lagoon wetlands.
JPA acquired 89-acre San Dieguito Lagoon property for $2,000,000 with
State and City of
· Received $24,000 SANDAG grant for Lake Hodges/Highland Valley Trail Feasibility Study.