San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 1996
· A Grand Jury report concluded that the San Dieguito River Valley JPA should be used as a model for other multi-jurisdictional preservation efforts.
· San Dieguito River Park website established.
grant received for
acres of land on
acres of land in
received from the
· Two-mile long Piedras Pintadas interpretive trail completed and opened to the public.
· Conceptual San Dieguito Lagoon Wetland Restoration Project approved by California Coastal Commission.
· $10,000 County grant received for Trail Run and Scout projects.
· $500 and the American Rivers Urban Hometown River Gold Award for Special Achievement in River Stewardship received by the River Park.
· $3,000 grant received from Powerbar for habitat restoration.
· $50,000 SANDAG grant received for I-5 trail design.
· $25,000 River Park Endowment Fund established with the San Diego Foundation