San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 2002
- Published the River Park Revenues/Expenditures/Accomplishments
report for 1989-2001.
- $200,000 State grant received to fund construction of the Del Dios Gorge Trail and Bridge which will link the Crosby
Estate Trail to the Lake Hodges Dam.
- Administrative updates to the 1994 River Park Concept Plan were
- A $5,000 grant was awarded to the River Park
- The City of San Diego
waived $37,000 of processing fees for the Mule Hill/San Pasqual Valley Trail.
- The ten-mile long Mule Hill/San Pasqual
Valley segment of the Coast to Crest Trail was opened to the public.
- Design concepts for the Grand Avenue Bridge Interpretive Overlook
and the Strawberry
were approved by the JPA Board.
- The JPA Board authorized a $35,000 contribution to a coalition of
interests coordinated by the City of Del Mar to open the San Dieguito River
- The 410-acre Helms (Proudfoot) property was purchased by the River
Park for habitat conservation.
- The JPA Board authorized an allocation of $1,675,000 to assist the
County purchase of the 345-acre Derbas property
for habitat conservation.
- A $1 million state grant was received by the River
Park to assist in the purchase of
Bernardo Mountain. The 232-acre Bernardo
Mountain was purchased with the
San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy ($1.23 million) and assistance of
the City of Escondido