San Dieguito River Park Accomplishments in 2003
Successfully concluded legal challenge to the EIR/EIS for the Wetland
Restoration Project with Court decision in favor of the
Established a partnership with the
· Established a partnership with the Trust for Public Lands to help acquire habitat properties.
Conserved 193 acres of habitat properties through acquisition by
· Procured $8,305,000 in State grant funds for property acquisition and projects.
· Received $5,000 from County for Trail Run and youth projects.
· Received $30,000 endowment contribution for Crosby Estate link of Coast to Crest Trail in Del Dios Canyon.
· $1,800 received from a benefit concert, “Songs of the Settlers”, for the Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead.
· Restored Sikes Adobe Farmhouse. Received CA Preservation Foundation and the Save Our Heritage Organization awards for outstanding achievement and significant contributions to historic preservation.
· Established a stewardship program for habitat properties funded through endowment. (Bernardo Mt.- SDRVC endowment of $330,000)
· Began a partnership with the County Farm Bureau in San Pasqual Valley to provide education on the history and importance of agriculture.
· Helped fund and promote two educational videos. (A Walk in the Park and Lagoons for Lay People)
Initiated regional trail connections planning with
The State of
· Partnered with the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy to develop a Geographic Information System.